Starting a Chapter
Sigma Phi Lambda is the fastest growing Christian sorority in the nation, adding new chapters each year. If you are interested in starting a chapter of Sigma Phi Lambda on your campus, the following first steps will get you started in the process:
- Pray and ask the Lord for confirmation about starting a chapter.
- Request an Information Packet by clicking here.
- Identify at least two other women on your campus who are interested in starting a chapter. You should be a group of women who are committed to Christ, one another, and developing a Christian community of women to impact your campus. Because starting a chapter generally takes two semesters, none of these women should be graduating in the next year.
- Contact the student organization office on your campus to learn the steps necessary to start a new organization. You will also need the email address and phone number of the person responsible for approving new organizations on your campus.
- Compile general information about your campus, including: undergraduate population, % of students living on campus, information about existing ministries/organizations/Christian sororities or fraternities, and the culture of Greek life. You should be able to access most of this information from your university's website or from visiting with someone on campus.
Once you have completed these first steps, complete the form below in order to be approved as a prospective chapter: